Greenfix Mulchmats and Mulchspats provide mulching, moisture control, non-chemical weed control, soil erosion protection and soil temperature balance. Made from a coir upper layer with two fully biodegradable foils underneath, the mats offer nursery like conditions to newly planted trees and shrubs. The natural coir upper layer blends with the landscape while the offset slits in the bottom layers allow water through, but prevent light penetration. Both Mulchmats and Mulchspats offer weed control and mulching typically for at least three years.
The Royal Forestry Society Quarterly Journal of Forestry said that Greenfix Mulchmat is “very easy to fix, moulds to the ground contours. Biodegradable… mat has low material costs and management time per tree.” To download the complete report, click here.
Advantages of Mulchmats and Mulchspats: -
- Less plant stress and significantly fewer plant losses
- Non-chemical weed control for many seasons
- Allows solar radiation to raise and maintain the soil temperature for fast growth
- Avoids nitrogen sink effect experienced with bark mulches
- No need for aesthetic coverings, topping up or frequent visits
- Size ensures economical use
- For use where risk of accidental fire is a concern Mulchmat F3 can be used
- Low installation and maintenance costs.
Greenfix offers Mulchmats in rolls of the following sizes along with pre-cut spats for easy installation around individual trees.
|Mulchmat||0.60m x 30m
0.80m x 30m
1.20m x 30m
2.40m x 30m
|Mulchspats||0.60m x 0.60m
0.80m x 0.80m
1.20m x 1.20m
For any further advice on these products please call 01386 881493.