The Greenfix Covamat Plus range is made up of biodegradable 10-15mm thick quilted pre-seeded erosion control blankets that are available in either 100% straw, 50% straw and 50% coir, or 100% coir. There is a choice of seed mix from any of our six standard mixes, including wildflower, as well as the opportunity to include site-specific seed mixes. Giving protection against surface erosion, the different fibre combinations and reinforced meshes offer short, medium, and long-term degradations (up to 36 months).
Covamat Plus improves poor soil conditions with the addition of organic fertiliser and micro-organisms. Once the Covamat has been laid and irrigated the dehydrated and granulated fertiliser material serves as a natural slow-release nutrient source.
- Freshly soiled inherently stable embankments
- New slope cuttings
- Lining new watercourses
- Facing reinforced soil slopes
- Lake edgings
- Establishing wildflowers
- Road ditches
Rolls available in 1.2m x 25m or 2.4m x 25m
The Greenfix F3 product range combines all the benefits of Covamat, Eromat, Mulchmat and Rockmat with additional fire protection according to DIN 4102-1.
In prolonged hot and dry periods some fibres quickly become dry and at risk of catching fire from a spark or cigarette. In areas where fire hazards need to be considered, such as railway embankments, the Greenfix F3 range offers un-seeded and pre-seeded options.
Greenfix F3 range:
- Covamat F3 pre-seeded erosion control blanket, used for fast establishment on a variety of slopes and embankments
- Rockmat F3 un-seeded or pre-seeded blanket with the addition of a steel mesh for increased reinforcement and prevention of burrowing animals
- Mulchmat F3 dual layered mulch mat provides nursery like conditions for newly planted trees and shrubs
- Eromat F3 un-seeded erosion control blanket which can be under-seeded with site-specific seed mixes.
|Covamat F3||1.2m x 30m – 36m2
2.4m x 25m – 60m
|Rockmat F3||1.2m x 25m – 30m2|
|Mulchmat F3||1.2m x 30m – 36m2
2.4m x 30m -72m2
|Eromat F3||1.2m x 60m -72m2
2.4m x 42m – 100.8m2
The selection of blanket is determined by the slope and angle exposure. To find out which blanket would best suit your site please call 01386 881493.